Here are the kid’s top 3 highlights each from our trip so far in their own words!! Believe me getting this done was no small feat. Last day of classes tomorrow because of a national holiday on Friday; El Dia de La Virgen de los Angeles.
1) Friends: I’ve met 5 new friends and their names are David, Thomas, Ari, Vivi and Carlos. David cool and fun. Thomas is weird and fun. They are neighbors. We play lots with them. Today we played for 2 hours with them. We played at the park and played soccer. Ari is nice. She lets us watch movies and play her phone. Ari is the host family’s daughter. So is Vivi and Carlos. Vivi is the oldest and I don’t really know her. Carlos speaks English and Spanish. He’s a really good translator and fun.
2) School: I’ve had two teachers at school. Their names are Evelyn and Oscar. We work on Spanish games and vocabulary. We also go to play. Yesterday I went to a fire station. Fireman are called bomberos. We got to put on a fireman’s suit and we got to go in the fire truck.
3) Animals: In Costa Rica we’ve seen lots of animals. The first thing we saw was an iguana and turtles. We saw wild duck and sloths, monkeys, tucans, snakes and lots of ants. I got bit on the finger by an ant. I also almost got bit on the leg by a baby monkey at the Jaguar Reserve.
1) Beach: Playa Blanca was my favorite beach because there were bigger waves and it was shallow.
2) Ariana: Ari is fun because she always let’s Molly play her phone. Molly plays it a lot, more than me! I’ve only played it like two times. She is a really nice person. She’s part of our host family. We were playing a lot in the pool and she pulled us around in an inner tube, we loved it, but Elliott kept flipping me over. I thought I was going to die!
3) Carlos: Carlos throws Molly up in the air and give her candy most of the time, and Carlos has given me cookies. He never got in the pool. Carlos is part of our host family just like Ariana.
1) Waterfall trip: I liked going in the water. I liked seeing birds and butterflies. The water felt good.
2) Beach: I liked both beaches we went to, the black beach and the white beach. I swammed and I made holes in the sand.
3) Host Family: Sonia painted my nails and my toes. I love them so much. They give me food. They let me watch TV and play phone. I love Ari so much. She lives here. She let me play with the Barbies. I love Carlos so much. He does so much fun things me. He makes me jump up in the air.